Monday, June 19, 2023

Pain is Here, But Blog Goes On

It's been a while since I missed a daily entry in this blog...this past weekend I skipped both Saturday and Sunday.  The reason's simple: I'm riding out a period of constant and recurring physical pain, a type of which I've experienced in the past and which I'm hoping and praying will end soon...yes, I'm seeing a doctor.  But life goes on, and so does this blog, which I've always defined for myself as a writing exercise and discipline. It's also a good way to work out various issues in my mind, be they personal, societal, or news items. Sometimes I'll sit down to address a topic and find myself changing my point of view as I write, the process itself aiding me in my reasoning.  For that reason, along with many others, I encourage you to start a blog of your own...tailoring it to your own special interests, of course.  Back during the decade before Facebook came along, personal blogs were the rage on the Internet...I loved randomly going through others' blogs and reading their stuff, especially the ones whose writers shared my interests.  But personal blogging diminished significantly after mega-social media sites sucked in so many people that they became the places to go on the Web...and many blogs ended or were never started.  I plan to keep on with my blog as long as I am able and Google keeps it going...hope you enjoy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment