A couple of people, whose identities I would rather protect but can say that I care for both of them, recently lowered a bomb of a news story on me. In it apparently our own state government has a special agenda for persecuting and even eliminating their identity group, based on two news stories, one about paramedics and the other a piece of legislation signed into law a few days ago. Upon hearing their narrative, I expressed empathy with them and outrage as to what was going on. Then, later on in the day I got on my computer and investigated both stories, which these two had tied together into a sort of conspiracy. The stories were completely unrelated, with the event about the emergency medical services having taken place long ago back in 2012, and in a distant state, just to begin with...along with other mitigating factors. As for the bill in question, I read its official summary in detail and concluded that my friends' fears were completely unfounded...albeit with a possible hidden reason for their group's underlying concern that they probably didn't want out in the open. Let me just say that all of this drama and rushing to judgment with sinister conspiracy theories doesn't just afflict right-wingers like MyLumpyPillow boss Mike Lindell...anyone can go bananas over absolutely nothing if that's what they feel led to do and are too lazy to perform just a little honest fact-checking and refuse to allow for the possibility that their initial hunch was wrong...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment