Monday, April 24, 2023

On Runaway Train in Politics

I haven't written much on this blog about politics...I'm not sure what good it would do other than just having something out there on the record.  Sometimes with these elections I feel like someone stuck on a runaway train with no control over my destiny while the rabble swinging these contests in different states and districts are dupes for whatever campaign tactics the candidates and media perpetrate.  It does me no good to see through everything, with my one measly vote per contest. And now, it appears, that one of the major parties sees no wrong with attempting to undo the results of any close election they lose...fascism, pure and simple, and one of their leaders who refused to certified the electoral vote count on January 6th, 2021 is now the Speaker of the House, while the then-sitting president who instigated all of the election denial widely leads in that party's polls to regain its nomination in 2024. Runaway train...and me riding it into the cloudy future...  

No comments:

Post a Comment