Melissa and I are planning on doing something this summer we've wanted to do for many years: go on an Alaskan cruise. We're sticking with the company we used on our initial cruise in 2020 just before all hell broke lose with the COVID outbreak...that one went to the Caribbean with stops in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas). This excursion will begin and end at Seattle with stops in Victoria, Canada, and Alaska's Sitka, Skagway and Juneau. Besides the obviously much cooler weather we'll be experiencing this time of year, I'm looking forward to seeing a completely different type of topography in the Pacific Northwest. Back in 2019 I read James Michener's excellent book Alaska, which further whetted my desire to visit this region: click HERE to read my review from 12/10/19. I've also wanted to see Seattle for a number of reasons...there's something special about that city that draws me to it...even as a kid I was a big Seattle Supersonics NBA fan and bravely pulled for the expansion Seattle Pilots baseball team in 1969 that moved to Milwaukee the following year. I like its association with the aerospace industry, coffee, and the grunge movement in rock music...and of course there's a lot more. This should all be a fun adventure for the both of us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment