While I've been going through my list of all-time favorite albums, there are still some good ones coming out...2022 hasn't disappointed. For 2022 my chosen favorite music has been primarily of a small number of album releases by various artists I've come to know over the past few years...and one from 2014. I should say "the last half" of 2022, because it wasn't until this summer and the release of Regina Spektor's new album Home, before and after that I began to direct my attention to current music...the poor quality of "hits" that radio was airing didn't help. After that I've listened to other acts' releases: We by Arcade Fire, Lucifer on the Sofa by Spoon, A Light for Attracting Attention by the Smile, The Alchemist's Euphoria by Kasabian and Pagans in Vegas by Metric. The Smile features Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood and for all practical purposes sounds just like a Radiohead album...cool. Metric has just released their new album Formentera, on which I've had trouble finding tracks to my liking. But I did go back to that 2014 Pagans in Vegas, and it's one of their best works. I haven't been listening to music off the radio, so my year-end list of favorite songs will no doubt consist of tracks from these albums. Also, Sufjan Stevens has just released one, in collaboration with someone I don't know named Angelo De Augustine, titled A Beginner's Mind...I'm currently checking that one out. Good music is out there but you sometimes have to look for it...I don't trust the judgment of radio programmers to present the best songs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment