Since April I have been averaging about 300 miles of training runs per month, running each day...this continued on through July. I have been breaking up and spreading my runs over the course of the day, accounting for the high accumulated mileage. Still, one of my aims is to be ready when the weather cools in the fall and the north Florida area once again begins to hold longer-distance races...this won't happen until October, though. I have begun to regularly use my local gym (Gainesville Health and Fitness), focusing on the treadmill. I have been going there a couple of times per week, always after I get off from work at 10 pm. The place usually isn't as crowded at that time, although I have noticed that their indoor swimming pool always seems to be crowded. I avoided public races in July, skipping the July 4th 3-mile Melon Run at Westside Park as well as the weekly free 5K Saturday morning events at Depot Park...just not into public running right now. Speaking of public running, there seem to be a number of informal running groups in Gainesville where folks get together for training runs around various places...that's pretty cool. As for walking, it's been months since I have specifically set out just to walk. Instead, my job, which is pretty physically demanding, inherently entails much walking and I usually cover 4-6 miles each shift. I plan on continuing going to the gym, running indoors, and building up the mileage in August...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment