I put little goals in place every day, and I think if you can kind of keep to the small things it's easier to capture the big picture at the end. ---Xander Schauffele
Xander Schauffele is a PGA golfer who is on a bit of a roll: not only did he win a gold medal for the USA in the Tokyo Olympics last year, but he has just won his second straight tournament, following up his Travelers victory with the Scottish Open title this past weekend. In both tournaments he employed a careful, methodical style, rising to the top of the leader board and remaining there throughout the final two rounds. In interviews he is unassuming and cordial, no prima donna here. Xander's above quote captures the essence of a lot of what I've been learning about self-improvement in whatever area of my life that I'm tackling. Do small things better, a little at a time and change those bad habits into good ones. In the course of just one year a marked improvement will be evident and in the long run, greatness can be attainable. But first the little things. Thanks, Xander, I'll be rooting for you...
No comments:
Post a Comment