Recently I've been writing weekly posts about a personal development podcast, called The Mindset Mentor, and hosted by Rob Dial. Some shows are better than others, and while I don't always agree with Dial there is usually at least one episode that resonates with me. Such was the case this past week when he discussed how people who are trying to improve their lives find themselves stymied and discouraged because the problems they thought they were overcoming keep coming back. To this he replied that it's all a journey and that there is no destination...and that whatever bad habits you overcome you never completely rid yourself of them. So ten years ago something might have made you mad for a week...five years later the same kind of thing would only set you back a day, and now maybe five minutes...but the potential for relapse is always there. And if you screw up, then realize that the journey is what matters. I'd only add to what he said by mentioning that while life is definitely a journey...or process...it's still important to have direction to it. Just stop beating yourself up whenever you come up short...that's a necessary part of it all: I call it a "growth opportunity"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment