Friday, May 13, 2022

Quote of the Week...from Corrie ten Boom

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow.  It empties today of its strength. 
                                     ---Corrie ten Boom

Corrie ten Boom was a resistance fighter for the Dutch against Hitler during World War II.  Other than that, it's all I know of her...her above quote is another one I lifted from the Music Choice Soundscapes channel I get on my Cox Cable TV service.  Regarding the future, I can't blindfold myself and pretend it's not there and that some things aren't coming my way that I need to address.  No, being aware of the future is different from worrying about it, though.  Only in the "now" can one deal with what's on the way, and if no action is necessary or available then there's no point in dwelling on it, is there?  Besides, a lot of stuff that folks worry about never happens, and if it does then it's more likely than not to be less severe than anticipated.  Still, if a pandemic hits us I want to be prepared for it by following the recommended (and sometimes mandated) measures put forth by the medical community...but sitting around deploring what might happen doesn't do anyone any good.  I say, do what you can to meet future challenges...and then be at peace with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment