Being off more than usual recently has enabled me to better follow what's been going on with the National Basketball Association playoffs, which Sunday entered the conference finals stage with Boston handily beating Milwaukee in their Game 7 and Dallas doing likewise to favored Phoenix. Now it's Boston vs. Miami and Dallas vs. Golden State, the former starting their series tonight and the latter tomorrow, with subsequent games to be played on alternating evenings. With the Celtics and Mavericks prevailing, I saw two teams overcoming their opponents' star talent by coalescing as a team and beating their foes to the ball, play after play...that was especially true with the final Dallas-Phoenix game, although the Mavs' Luka Doncic is a premier player, a star on anyone's team. Three of the four series in this previous round went my way...Phoenix's disaster at home against Dallas was the exception. But I like who's left in the playoffs and can live with any of them taking the title, although I'd still like to see the Heat face off against (and beat) the Warriors in the final series. Well, at least through this coming weekend I should be able to watch some of the games until I need to return to work....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment