Friday, April 15, 2022

Quote of the Week...from Dick Clark

Music is the soundtrack of your life.                             ---Dick Clark

Dick Clark, of course, was the host of ABC's long-running Saturday afternoon hit show American Bandstand, on which young folks dressed in the era's attire got down and danced to the hits of the season, with a special guest act present to perform (or lip-sync).  Although I usually had better things to do as a little kid at that time on the weekend, I also kept up with the hits on the radio and, starting with the year 1964, tied them in with the goings-on in my life.  So when I hear a familiar old song on the radio, it invariably associates itself with its time of greatest popularity...and where I was and what I was doing then.  Music...particularly popular music...has been an important element of my life, although in the last two or three decades I've found myself having to be more selective in finding songs that mean anything to me.  I've bought quite a few albums over the years and listened to many, many more and have a mental list of my all-time favorites.  In a few days I'll begin discussing them, in countdown format, one by one...I'm not yet sure how many albums I'll be including in this blog project.  But I know, like most of the others I've done, that it will be fun...including the assembling of my list.  One caveat: they will be my personal favorites and not necessarily a statement regarding their level of artistic achievement, so music snob/critics be forewarned...

No comments:

Post a Comment