I have been pleasantly surprised recently at the general competitiveness in the women's NCAA tournament, at least in the Elite Eight stage. Although South Carolina thoroughly trounced upstart Creighton by 30 points in their game, the other contests were pretty close and exciting, Stanford, Connecticut and Louisville coming out victorious and advancing. I'm looking forward to watching the championship game on Sunday, but will miss the semifinal round this Friday on account that I'll be at work. I'll be rooting for Stanford against Connecticut and South Carolina against Louisville. On the men's side, the Final Four action starts on Saturday with an ACC showdown between North Carolina and Duke, and then Kansas vs. Villanova. I'm with the Tarheels and Jayhawks...I really like that new North Carolina coach. If you plan on watching any of the Final Four games, the women's games are shown on ESPN and the men's on CBS. I tried listening to the play-by-play on radio of yesterday's women's Louisville-Michigan game and just couldn't visualize what they were describing...yet I remember back in 1968-69 as a twelve-year old kid experiencing the entire Miami Floridians ABA season via radio...never did actually see a game: go figure...
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment