Thursday, August 12, 2021

Communal Jigsaw Puzzles

 




Ever since I've been at home following my surgery and hospital stay, Melissa and I have been doing jigsaw puzzles on our dining room table...the above three so far.  We take turns over the course of the day laying out each successive puzzle and then slowly-but-surely putting it together.  It reminds me of an old 1920s Laurel and Hardy short film involving a chase scene...with an ongoing jigsaw puzzle on a table.  Everyone is running about in madcap fashion...until they catch eye of the puzzle and feel compelled to pause for a minute and work on it.  I call it a "communal" puzzle that anyone's welcome to contribute to, but since we're empty nesters and the visitors we have don't seem that interested in it, it's just the two of us...and the puzzle, of course.  Now it's time to disassemble our latest and break open a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment