Thursday, April 1, 2021

My March 2021 Running and Walking Report

For March I ran a total of 114 miles and walked for 137.  My longest single run was 5.6 miles and I ran on each day of the month...even on the day of my COVID vaccination when they say you should take it easy with the exercising (I ran a little "easier").  I wouldn't say that March was a breakthrough month with my running, but it definitely took a turn for the better and I am looking forward to April to possibly get my distance at a higher level.  As for walking, my job within a large warehouse-type building inherently involves quite a bit of it and this has been the primary way for me to build up my mileage.  I've been looking back on my blog at an entry from 2016 where I listed all the running races I entered from 2008 to that time and decided to update it to the present...that entry will appear in a few days on this blog.  I also noted that the vast majority of these races used digital chip technology with the results posted online soon after the event.  Yet when I go back in the year 2021 to try to find them on the Web I am often thwarted...many of the race results have either been removed or they are sunk so far back among all the other information that retrieval is too tricky.  Once I wrote on this blog that there was a great information chasm in our world, between our digital/Internet era and the time preceding it all the way through the distant past (click here to read it).  Yet even with our current ready access to so much information, there are serious gaps in different areas...running race results need to be consolidated and not spread out over numerous sites that often expunge those results: I could use a "Race Results Wiki"...

Update (4/3/21): I found a website, Athlinks.com, that pretty much did what I was searching for, i.e. consolidate my race results.  I have an account now and a list...with links to race results...for most of the races I've run since 2008, including my twelve half-marathons and one marathon.  There are a few still missing, though...I think a lot of that has to do with certain individual race organizers not properly stepping up to the plate and fulfilling their obligation to properly post race results.  If you're a runner you might try this site: I'm impressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment