The weather here in northern Florida in the last week or two has finally turned, it seems, toward more wintery, cool conditions...I'm not sure whether to say "thank you" or "oh, no". Especially in the morning it's the latter choice as I simply do not like the general chill of the area and can't wait to get some hot coffee within me at the first opportunity. Once the day is firmly underway, though, I tend to enjoy the coolness and dryness. And with the nighttime, the stars are so much brighter...and then the cycle renews itself the next morning. When the last cold front passed through, storms hitting my area during the dead of night, my front yard became covered with autumn leaves...guess I'll have to get the rake out before long (let's see if a few more don't come down first). I'm also happy to see the end of this horrendous 2020 hurricane season...although Louisiana and other areas were hit hard, my own Gainesville vicinity was largely spared although Tropical Storm Eta did sweep through us a few weeks ago, again during the dead of night, knocking down a few branches. With this colder weather the mosquito presence should subside as well...my workplace is basically situated on the edge of Paynes Prairie, a large wetlands area just south of Gainesville and as big as the city, serving as a vast mosquito incubation zone. Now excuse me while I go get that crucial first cup of coffee...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment