So here we find ourselves again, four years later as Donald Trump goes into Election Day as an underdog against his Democratic opponent for president. I'm inclined to agree with progressive activist Michael Moore that Trump voters are underreported in the public opinion polls, this year as they were four years ago, and that this election between him and Joe Biden will be closer than most polls currently indicate. If that's so, then once again...for the sixth straight presidential election...it will all come down to the uninformed, pain-in-the-neck undecided voters who will...as they have since 2000...allow late-hour "news" stories and phony campaign ads to sway their votes in one direction or the other and decide our collective fate for the next four years. My vote was cast weeks ago and I had wanted to steer mostly clear of the no-holds-barred political warfare going on in the media, but the sad truth is that no matter which channel I watched on TV I was barraged with those horrendously annoying and often patently cynical campaign ads. Tonight and beyond they'll be tabulating and releasing the results: my sincere, deepest hope is that no matter which candidate you supported, you haven't invested so much emotionally into the campaign and the candidates that the results devastate you if they don't go your way. For me, I have fulfilled my responsibility as an individual American citizen by informing myself and casting my single vote...on this runaway train where the most easily manipulated voters routinely end up electing our national leaders, I can only brace myself for what's to come, for better or for worse: I suggest you do likewise. Regardless who wins, I suspect it's gonna get "pretty ugly" out there for the next eleven weeks until Inauguration Day, 2021...I want no part of it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment