Saturday, October 3, 2020

Mailed Off Ballot, Avoiding Political Stuff in Media

Today I decided to fill in my absentee ballot for the general election and mailed it off...good, glad to be done with it.  In a couple of days or so I'll track its progress online, until it's safely received at the Alachua County elections office.  I am confident in the ability of the United States Postal Service to process the mail-in vote for this election, but as you can see I didn't think that waiting any longer was called for...for the main races, with the presidential election obviously the most important...I had plenty, plenty of time and input over the past weeks, months, and years to make a clear decision.  And I'm a bit flustered as to why anyone at this late stage would still be undecided and dependent on what's going down in this final month before Election Day on November 3rd...such a voter is the prime target for late-hour shenanigans and manipulation that's going to plague the news and social media as the two sides jostle for advantages.  Justice Ginsburg dies, President Trump has coronavirus, looks like they're going to process a new Supreme Court justice...what else is going to happen before the "big event" 31 days from now?  Well, I proclaim myself to be out of the race as of now...if somebody wants my opinion or help I'll try to give it in an appropriate way, but I'm not going to allow myself to get pulled into the ugly, divisive political morass that is only growing and thickening. I'm happy that I can now watch sports on TV and tend to avoid the cable news channels with their "red meat" issues and spin intentionally designed to inflame the passions of viewers...you know, reading and listening to good music are also pretty good alternatives to the boob tube.  Oh, I'll still get my news and stay informed...I just think I'll stay away from others running everything into the ground with their analysis and dubious theories... 

No comments:

Post a Comment