Thursday, June 11, 2020
Starbucks Not Yet Ready for Me to Sit There
Yesterday before work I decided to try out my local Starbucks...visiting for the first time in nearly three months...to see what their new seating/distancing arrangements were and maybe in the process come up with a new topic for a blog article. Also, I wanted to finally return to a sense of normality: sitting out in public in coffee shops has been something I've enjoyed doing for many, many years and I get a lot of studying and writing done there. So I got on my phone and did a remote mobile order for my Venti iced coffee with cream, drove on down to the location on NW 43rd Street...and discovered that despite other businesses opening up around Gainesville, Starbucks (at least the one nearest my home) still does not seat people, only selling their products drive-through or take-out. I did get my coffee at least...no money lost, I used my Starbucks "points" to order it. I had been looking at the reopening of Starbucks as a bellwether to resuming life as before the coronavirus...not yet, and quite frankly we may be in for a rough road ahead with mass noncompliance of restrictions due to various factors that may be beginning to cause an uptake in cases reported. Let's all hope and pray that doesn't grow into another spike in COVID-19. Back in November 2017, long before the current strain of COVID made its entry into our world, I came down with a severe virus that caused painfully deep coughing fits for three days, along with a few more needed for full recovery...it was no flu, I could tell that much. But in retrospect I'm certain that it was something similar to the virus going on around the world today, another one of the coronaviruses on "steroids'". I totally get the trials that some people who are infected with COVID-19 have to go through and don't wish it on anyone, not even the deniers who proudly refuse to cover their faces or practice social distancing around me and my loved ones. In the meantime, here I go again writing my blog articles at my home desktop computer, next to my Smithsonian Air and Space Museum mug of home-brewed hazelnut coffee...hey, that's not so bad, is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment