Sunday, June 28, 2020
Another Strange Starbucks Experience
It's mid-Sunday morning and I'm sitting here...perhaps for the last time in a while...in my northern Gainesville Starbucks with my iced coffee and two other dine-in customers sitting across the large room. Looks like they've cut down further on the available seating, which isn't surprising considering the sharp upward spike in reported coronavirus cases both in the state of Florida at large and in my home Alachua County. The population seems to be reacting to the upsurge by shunning reopened places like this in favor of drive-through ordering...this is ironically why I'm sitting here now: fewer people to contend with as well as my previously stated hunch that I may be avoiding sitting in here until things clear up, whenever that might be. It also looks as if my church, which had been holding in-person services for the past three weeks along with careful measures taken with distancing and face covering, may be considering going back to online services as it considers the COVID-19 resurgence in our area. As for me, I'm wearing my mask in here, only lifting it momentarily to sip my coffee. Stay safe and please follow the local mask ordinance if only out of consideration for others, even if you don't care about your own health or think this is all a political hoax: I won't tell the president you idolize unquestioningly that you're wearing one, it'll be our secret...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment