Another brief entry on this blog...just happy to be at home, off from work for a couple of days and free of wearing a mask. It's been raining off and on all day, putting off my long weekly run until tomorrow or possibly next Saturday if the rain keeps on falling. I am watching various news/opinion channels...the whole gamut from MSNBC to CNN to FoxNews to NewsMax. Unlike probably 99% of my readers, I look for and usually find value in each of these channels' programming, recognizing up front the political posturing and bias inherent in each of them and looking beyond to attain truth...I've been watching NewsMax but will soon switch over to CNN or MSNBC. I see everything happening in the USA about the coronavirus pandemics being filtered through three different areas: public health, the economy and politics. I don't automatically tag one political party and its leaders as the "good guys" while personally vilifying those heading the opposite side the way some of my Facebook buddies sadly find themselves doing...instead I discern the bias I'm hearing, look at the issue through those three filters and by doing so arriving at a broader and better informed position. Politically I am issue-based and sometimes side with the Republican "take" on one and the Democratic view on another. I guess with these protests against stay-at-home/shutdown policies springing up across the country... it was inevitable, especially in an election year...that partisan politics would begin to sharply insert itself into the COVID-19 news. I did notice that when Jacksonville reopened its city beaches today they were flooded with people who didn't seem all that concerned with social distancing...funny, I didn't think that Duval County had been "flattening" its curve the way my home county of Alachua has begun to do...
Well, I guess that's it for today, stay safe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment