Sunday, April 19, 2020
First American Manned Space Launch Since 2011 Scheduled for May 27th
At 4:32 pm on Wednesday, May 27th, assuming no delays, a two-astronaut crew will launch from Kennedy Space Center on SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket as they take their Crew Dragon capsule for a rendezvous with the International Space Station...the first manned launch into space from the USA since the Space Shuttle program ended in 2011. SpaceX's head honcho Elon Musk has spearheaded America's return to space exploration...in cooperation with NASA...and has dreams of traveling and even settling Mars in the not-so-distant future. Whether it's the moon or Mars we get to first in our eventual return to space travel beyond low Earth orbit, I'm okay with either...but first we need to get our butts off the ground and into space again instead of paying Russia $80 million for each American they launch into space for us. This story was buried deep in the news amid the coronavirus onslaught...thought you might enjoy have something positive to look forward to in the near future. I think Boeing has also been working on manned space rockets...good, the more the merrier as long as the companies don't trip over each other to the program's detriment. I think regardless how this upcoming presidential election comes out we should establish a modest, permanent presence on the moon and keep aspiring to deeper space exploration...guess it's about time I put the NASA Channel on my Roku...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment