Thursday, April 30, 2020

My April 2020 Running Report

April was a good month for me and my running.  I ran for a total of 195 miles, missing no days in the process, and my longest single runs were 13.3 miles on April 11th and 11.1 on the 27th.  Although the ongoing pandemic did not directly impact my running...as long as social distancing is maintained, individual outdoor activity is encouraged here in northern Florida...I believe that with the races I had intended to be running in and training for being canceled during these spring months, my emphasis in running has changed to building up my endurance for covering longer distances.  So during the weekends when I'm off from work I try, weather permitting, to cover a ten-mile-plus distance...with walking breaks interspersed and drinking lots of Gatorade before, during and after the run.  I also enjoy listening while running to my shuffle of MP3 songs...

I'm looking forward to once again being able to run in races, especially the longer distance ones.  Hopefully they'll be able to hold some before the year ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment