I'm starting a new football journey and thankful for the Buccaneers for giving me an opportunity for me to do what I love to do. ---Tom Brady
The above quote of former New England Patriots quarterback (and six times Super Bowl winner) Tom Brady was made on his Instagram account this morning after he signed a two-year contract to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. For the past two decades I've struggled with the awe and respect I've felt for the performance of this, the greatest quarterback in NFL history, while at the same time rooting the best I could against him and his team. After all, since "my" Miami Dolphins began as an expansion team in 1966 the Patriots have been divisional rivals. Brian Flores did remarkably well as Miami's first year head coach following the work he had previously done as a defensive coach with the Patriots...that season-ending upset of New England in Foxboro was a classic. As for Tampa Bay, I think the Bucs were very competitive last year and lost some exciting games...getting Brady in there should make them playoff-bound. Feeling that I can now freely cheer for Tom Brady gives me something to look forward to later as virtually all sports have been shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment