Saturday, January 25, 2020
Skipped Recent Running Races Because of Rain and Health
I had been planning on running either in last week's Ocala Half-Marathon or today's Newnan's Lake 15K (held on Gainesville's east side)...turns out I skipped them both. Last Sunday morning it was raining, and I did not want to be running that distance on slippery backroads with puddles concealing holes in the pavement...the falling rain itself wouldn't have bothered me. And with today, I have been feeling under the weather for a few days and just didn't see the point in taxing my body for a 9.3 mile run...too bad, the weather this morning was beautiful, perfect for running. The last time I ran a 15K, back in early December, I had a painful recovery...I have to look at this running of mine with a mind on my overall health. Still, there are more events to come and I can always opt for the free 5K race at Gainesville's Depot Park on Saturday mornings after I'm feeling better. In the meantime I'm taking it easy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment