Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Future Nature Park North of Mile Run in Gainesville
I'm hearing of a proposed new nature wetlands park, about 700 acres, north of the end of NW 37th Street in far northern Gainesville where Mile Run, Rosemont-Vista Palms, Sutter's Landing and Alive Church are located. Its entrance, with available parking, will be at the current dead end of that road, about a mile from NW 53rd Avenue...not far from where I live. The park will supposedly have a 2 1/2 mile walking trail and a walkers' entrance on the north side near 441 at Turkey Creek Forest. I don't know the timetable for its development and opening...the information I am passing on I just received from my local Nextdoor social media site. When I used to go out on my extended training runs, I would often to go down NW 37th Street to that dead end and turn back...wonder if the park will be runner-friendly. Should be interesting following this news item...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment