To escape and sit quietly on the beach---that's my idea of paradise. ---Emilia Wickstead
You don't have to be someone utterly famous like Emilia Wickstead...you do know you Emilia Wickstead is, right?...to agree with her attraction to the beach. I'm one of those as well...and by the way, I didn't know who she was until I read her quote. Melissa and I are going over to Daytona Beach for a couple of days, a destination we've come to almost consider as a second home because of its familiarity. Unlike Wickstead, who happens to be a successful highbrow fashion designer in London, England, I don't care as much for sitting for the beach as I do standing there facing the ocean, walking along the beach with Melissa, or engaging in one of my beach runs. I generally don't get out in the water because of undertow/jellyfish/shark concerns, but when I do I enjoy swimming out in the more buoyant saltwater. We tend to hang more around our hotel pool during our outings...but the ocean just out there creates a great presence that interrupts our lives of routine back home. I especially like it during and after sunset as the skies darken and the ocean changes its complexion (and the crowds of beachgoers thins), as well as noting the high and low tides on the beach sand. We'll be heading out there soon, can't wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment