Monday, January 14, 2019
Super Bowl Teams Finalized Next Sunday
It seems like I'm following more of the NFL playoffs this year than I usually do...that's interesting seeing how all three Florida teams experienced losing seasons and missed them. Yet I enjoyed some of the scenarios, including defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia somehow getting into the playoffs and both Los Angeles teams as well. Teams I dislike such as New England and New Orleans got first-round byes and then went on from there to the conference championship round. Sadly, Seattle, a team I've grown to follow over the years largely due to their head coach Pete Carroll and versatile quarterback Russell Wilson, bowed out early to Dallas. Well, with the Eagles gone as well, my favorite of the four remaining teams has to be Kansas City with its brilliant second-year quarterback Patrick Mahomes. They'll be hosting the Patriots in the American Conference championship game next Sunday the 20th at 6:40 PM, broadcast on CBS. Earlier that day will feature the National Conference finale with New Orleans at home against the Los Angeles Rams, the game set for 3:05 PM with Fox carrying it. My ideal scenario would have a Chiefs-Rams Super Bowl, but the Patriots and Saints, each franchise with its legacy of cheating and subsequent punishment, will probably prevail next Sunday...in which case I'd be forced to pull for New Orleans against despised New England. But we'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment