As the new year began I had high hopes of possibly running both a half-marathon and a 15K race in January...unfortunately about a week into the month I came down with some lower back pain that put an end to my high ambitions. Still, on the 5th I ran in a 5K race: Gainesville's Depot Park Run, which takes place every Saturday morning and is free...donations and volunteer work are always welcome, though. I enjoyed that run and thought it would be a good idea to make a weekly habit of it, either running the course or walking it with Melissa whenever she wanted to go. But that hasn't happened yet, although this Saturday I'm looking into returning. I don't think I'll be running this city's Five Points Half-Marathon in February either...I'm not in shape for it and the fools completely changed what had been a fantastic course: instead Melissa and I are visiting Savannah that weekend...
Despite missing 9 days of running due to that backache, I still managed to run a total of 65 miles in January, with 5.2 miles being my longest single run. I'm still looking forward to running longer distances, but maybe I've reached the point where 10K and 15K races should be the distance limit. But "official" racing isn't why I run anyway: I like the activity for its own sake...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment