Usually around this time of year, I'm getting a mental list ready of my favorite songs of the year. In 2018, though, in spite of me still listening to music, I only have one song belonging to 2018 on my "list", and it's really not on a par with other top songs from previous years: Arcade Fire's Creature Comfort. I've grown very dissatisfied with the musical programming on my local alternative rock station, WHHZ/100.5 "The Buzz". They seem more preoccupied sometimes with playing old songs from the nineties than what's currently out there. And what's currently out there...I'm sad to say...isn't all that great, either. So instead I've been either listening to one of three classical music stations...two on my phone and one on my car radio...or some of my favorite rock albums of the past. Among my current "playlist" of songs I listen to regularly are:
The entire Kid A album by Radiohead
I Might Be Wrong by Radiohead
Neon Bible by Arcade Fire
Windowsill by Arcade Fire
Timebomb by Beck
Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups
I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons
Close to the Edge by Yes
Two-Timing Touch and Broken Bones by The Hives
Darkness by The Police
Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head by Sufjan Stevens
Blackstar by David Bowie
Love is a Place by Metric
Destination Unknown by Missing Persons
Get It Right Next Time by Gerry Rafferty
M-M-M-M by Crash Test Dummies
Flint by Sufjan Stevens
Niagara Falls by Sufjan Stevens
Us by Regina Spektor
The Light by Regina Spektor
Switchblade Smiles by Kasabian
...and, of course, Creature Comfort by Arcade Fire
I'll probably throw together a list of my favorite songs for 2018 in a week or two, but as nearly all of them will be from the above list, they definitely won't be my favorite songs from 2018...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment