Sunday, September 30, 2018
My September 2018 Running Report
In September I ran for a total of 66 miles...not much. I did extend my longest single run to 4.6 miles and ran on every day of the month. Two factors interfering with my running were the extremely hot and humid weather we've been experiencing all month here in northern Florida and my own situation at work: lots and lots of overtime, which often impinged on the time I would normally spend late in the morning on runs. I'm looking forward to cooler conditions in October, but the overtime...well, it's sporadic. I'm still thinking of running a half-marathon in November...now I've heard that Gainesville is holding two of them, on consecutive weekends. Also, there is a new free weekly 5K race that takes place Saturday mornings at Gainesville's Depot Park: I need to preregister online for it. Yesterday Melissa went with me to the Fit2Run store at the Oak's Mall where the manager tested my running to fit it to appropriate shoes. She also gave me some needed advice on avoiding plantar fasciitis in the future. So now I'm training with new shoes...next month should be an adventure as I try to ratchet up my running distance...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment