Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tuesday's List: My Top Three Songs of Various Musical Acts, Pt. 1

I thought I'd scan my memory of different musical acts I've enjoyed over the span of my listening lifetime and came up with a list of my favorites from some of them.  Now I've already put out some pretty long lists of personal favorite songs from acts like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, the Who, Yes, the Moody Blues, the Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, the Monkees, Electric Light Orchestra, etc...maybe on a future date I'll place links to those lists on this blog..or you can find them for yourself by using the search engine provided in the upper left corner within the blog page.  For today, I'm listing my favorites from other artists...it's not a comprehensive list and I plan to come up with more later on... 

Well, here's the list...for this one I stuck to acts (I like) with origins going back to the 1960s or earlier.  How many of these songs do you recognize?

THE ANIMALS
1 Sky Pilot
2 It's My Life
3 We Gotta Get Out of This Place

ROY ORBISON
1 Crying
2 Oh, Pretty Woman
3 End of the Line (with Traveling Wilburys)

FATS DOMINO
1 I'm Walkin'
2 Blueberry Hill
3 Blue Monday

HERMAN'S HERMITS
1 No Milk Today
2 I'm Into Something Good
3 Listen People

THE BEACH BOYS
1 God Only Knows
2 I Get Around
3 When I Grow Up to Be a Man

THE SUPREMES
1 Up the Ladder to the Roof
2 Where Did Our Love Go
3 Reflections

THE EVERLY BROTHERS
1 Let It Be Me
2 Cathy's Clown
3 All I Have to Do is Dream

BOB DYLAN
1 Tangled Up in Blue
2 Hurricane
3 Knockin' on Heaven's Door

GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS
1 Ferry Cross the Mersey
2 Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying
3 How Do You Do It

SIMON AND GARFUNKEL
1 America
2 Scarborough Fair
3 Fakin' It

STEVIE WONDER
1 Living for the City
2 You Are the Sunshine of My Life
3 Uptight (Everything's Alright)

THE HOLLIES
1 He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
2 Stop Stop Stop
3 Carrie Anne

THE TEMPTATIONS
1 Papa Was a Rolling Stone
2 I Can't Get Next to You
3 Ball of Confusion

CHICAGO
1 Dialogue
2 Make Me Smile
3 Questions 67 & 68

THE GUESS WHO
1 No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature
2 Hang On to Your Life
3 Rain Dance

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL
1 Born on the Bayou
2 Lodi
3 Suzie Q

JAN AND DEAN
1 Dead Man's Curve
2 The Little Old Lady from Pasadena
3 Surf City

JOHNNY CASH
1 Come Along and Ride This Train
2 I Walk the Line
3 What is Truth

MARVIN GAYE
1 What's Going On
2 Inner City Blues
3 Mercy Mercy Me

DIONNE WARWICK
1 Reach Out for Me
2 Alfie
3 Do You Know the Way to San Jose

PETULA CLARK
1 Don't Sleep in the Subway
2 I Know a Place
3 Downtown

THE DAVE CLARK FIVE
1 Bits and Pieces
2 Over and Over
3 Any Way You Want It

THE ASSOCIATION
1 Never My Love
2 Cherish
3 Along Comes Mary

DUSTY SPRINGFIELD
1 What Have I Done to Deserve This (with Pet Shop Boys)
2 I Only Want to Be With You
3 Wishin' and Hopin'

NANCY SINATRA
1 You Only Live Twice
2 Some Velvet Morning (with Lee Hazlewood)
3 Jackson (with Lee Hazlewood)

THE BYRDS
1 Eight Miles High
2 So You Want to Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star
3 Turn! Turn! Turn!

THE KINKS
1 Tired of Waiting for You
2 All Day and All of the Night
3 A Well-Respected Man

GLEN CAMPBELL
1 Wichita Lineman
2 Try a Little Kindness
3 Dreams of the Everyday Housewife

THE RASCALS
1 You Better Run
2 People Got to Be Free
3 How Can I Be Sure

THE JACKSON FIVE
1 The Love You Save
2 Maybe Tomorrow
3 I Want You Back

THE LOVIN' SPOONFUL
1 Summer in the City
2 Nashville Cats
3 Rain on the Roof

JIMI HENDRIX
1 All Along the Watchtower
2 The Wind Cries Mary
3 Hey Joe

NEIL DIAMOND
1 Forever in Blue Jeans
2 America
3 Longfellow Serenade

CROSBY, STILLS, NASH, and/or YOUNG
1 Our House
2 Carry On
3 Suite: Judy Blue Eyes

THE BEE GEES
1 Holiday
2 Lonely Days
3 Craise Finton Kirk Royal Academy of Arts

SLY & THE FAMILY STONE
1 Runnin' Away
2 Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
3 Hot Fun in the Summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment