After reading Tim Federle's touching novel The Great American Whatever, with protagonist teenager Quinn's infectious enthusiasm for old movies, I got to thinking about all the different movies I've watched...an all-time personal list of my own favorites is in the works. In the meantime, I thought I'd open up the cabinet beneath my television containing the assorted DVDs that have piled up over the years. Most are of movies, and some are of TV series...why don't I just list a few of my favorites, and this way give a sense of where I'm at when it comes to movies and television....
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
THE POLAR EXPRESS
YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
FACTOTUM
THE GODFATHER
HARRY POTTER (all eight movies)
LORD OF THE RINGS (three-movie set, extended version)
MATRIX
MATRIX RELOADED
MATRIX REVOLUTIONS
THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
AIRPLANE!
INCEPTION
PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS (first three seasons)
BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD (volume three)
THE TWILIGHT ZONE (selected episodes)
THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW (early episodes)
THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES (early episodes)
CASABLANCA
MEMORIES (a Japanese animation movie)
THE PRODUCERS (original movie)
Of course, I don't need to "own" a movie or TV episode in order to watch it...sometimes Netflix or Amazon Prime is showing it, sometimes it's on TV somewhere, and almost always I can check it out from my local public library system. The television series I would most like to add to my collection is the original Winnie the Pooh cartoon series. As for The Godfather, I'm glad I have the original movie DVD but would prefer a set comprising both Parts I and II that is an extended version showing the so-called "TV" presentation that included many more scenes and went in chronological order. I also have a few old VHS movies, including Forrest Gump and many of the old classic Disney cartoon flicks...I need to hook up a VHS player to watch them, though...
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment