I've had a vacation break from my job this past week...it was a pleasant temporary interruption of my weekly routine. But I also like my work, and look forward to getting back to it tomorrow...wonder what's changed around my workplace? In any event, I'll find out soon enough, I guess...
One thing that being off for a few days has impressed upon me is that I don't get outside enough like I used to...working weekdays often from noon and on into the night and being in the house mornings doesn't give me much of an opportunity to enjoy the sun and daytime. I think I'll be changing that in the future, though with brief daily morning neighborhood runs alternating with bicycling (I just dusted off my dilapidated old bike, filled the tires, and oiled it). Oh, and looking around me, I think a little yard work is also in order..
On a completely different note, the National Hockey League and National Basketball Association regular seasons have ended...with hockey the playoffs have already begun and I've been watching them. I don't see the point anymore paying much attention to the regular season...the coaches often sit out star players and sometimes the worst teams deliberately "tank" in order to be awarded with better draft prospects...I think this is despicable. But in the playoffs they have to go all out and scratch for every win they can get, else they're eliminated. In hockey, I naturally want the semi-local Tampa Bay Lightning to win and in basketball I'm once again pulling for the San Antonio Spurs...as well as the good ol' Miami Heat with Dywane Wade happily back on the squad (they have a tendency to win championships with him on board, go figure). Since the Spurs face daunting Golden State and the Heat will have to play the surging Philadelphia 76ers in the first round, I'm afraid the prospects for these teams aren't very good...but at least the Lightning shouldn't have any problem with New Jersey. Now please excuse me while I finish my vacation...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment