Monday, March 5, 2018

Some Music I've Been Listening to Lately

Although the default setting on my car radio is the classical music station on 102.7 in Gainesville (one of the WRUF stations), I usually don't know the title or composer of whatever piece I'm hearing unless the announcer says it...still, I generally love the flow of this music (unless it's operatic singing and then it's just annoying).  As for "popular" music, my main interest is still alternative/indie/rock...the station for this in Gainesville is 100.5/WHHZ "The Buzz".  Usually, though, I haven't lately been finding very much on this station to interest me.  Instead, I have been listening on my smartphone to old songs from ELO, the Rolling Stones, and the Moody Blues...it's no accident that I've recently listed my favorite songs from these great old bands on this blog.  As for individual songs, I've rediscovered Lazy Eye by the Silversun Pickups and listen to it a lot, along with current releases by Arcade Fire and Kasabian titled Creature Comfort and Twentyfourseven, respectively.  And my current favorite musical artist, Regina Spektor, has produced many personal favorites over the years that I also listen to, such as Us, Firewood, 20 Years of Snow, and The Light.  I'm finding that once again that I'm entering a period when I'm not all that interested in what's being played on the radio and instead am focusing on shuffling through old favorites.  But I never know what I'll hear the next time I tune in...maybe it'll be a new, truly spectacular song. Well, at least I can hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment