Monday, March 12, 2018

About the Upcoming NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

The NCAA released its selections for the 68-team men's national championship basketball tournament early yesterday evening.   I was happy to see that Florida, Miami, and Florida State all made it...maybe one of them will catch fire and get to the elite rounds.  Unfortunately, many of the schools currently under a cloud of suspicion for violating the rules and paying its players...often with money laundering...are also in the tournament, including Arizona, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Seton Hall, NC State, Alabama, Texas, Michigan State, Creighton, Clemson, Wichita State, and Xavier...I probably left out one or two.  The NCAA has an investigation all lined up, headed by Condoleezza Rice, to start AFTER the tournament is over, so we will have a big cloud hanging over this March Madness the entire way.  I predict the NCAA will come down hard on a small number of colleges, even taking away their tournament victories and their championship should one of them win it.  As for me, besides pulling for my Florida teams (especially the Gators, of course), I'm just going to watch the games with the view of enjoying college basketball played on a high level without getting caught up in who's advancing and who isn't.  After all, this tournament is bound to be rewritten in some fashion a few weeks later by outside bureaucrats regardless what happened on the court...

No comments:

Post a Comment