Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tuesday's List: 2018 Names for Atlantic Tropical Storms and Hurricanes

I know it's a little early in the year, but I might as well now list the names for the upcoming 2018  tropical storms and hurricanes that will either be dithering about aimlessly in the open Atlantic or hounding us and sending Weather Channel meteorologists scurrying about on various coastlines...unless they strike Mexico or Central America, in which case the media will mostly ignore them.  We all know how bad it was in 2017 with Harvey, Irma, and Maria strewing their mayhem across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and the West Indies...the prediction is for a more active-than-usual season in 2018. But as much as I would like a welcome break from the tomfoolery going on in Washington with our national politics during this election year, I think I'll be very, very satisfied to see that kind of crap on television instead of around-the-clock coverage of the ongoing disastrous hurricane as I did last year (didn't I say something to that effect back then?)...

And here's the list, which incidentally is almost completely recycled from that of  2012.  I say "almost" because in that otherwise subdued hurricane season six years ago, Sandy caused a catastrophic level of damage in the Northeast, which caused the name to be retired...

ALBERTO
BERYL
CHRIS
DEBBY
ERNESTO
FLORENCE
GORDON
HELENE
ISAAC
JOYCE
KIRK
LESLIE
MICHAEL
NADINE
OSCAR
PATTY
RAFAEL
SARA
TONY
VALERIE
WILLIAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment