Hooray, I have an entire year ahead of me knowing that the New England Patriots are NOT Super Bowl champions, thanks to the Philadelphia Eagles...who produced an impressive team effort tonight in knocking off the evil defending champions, 41-33. Before the playoffs, I had unjustly written off the National Football Conference's number one seed because of the season-ending injury of their starting quarterback Carson Wentz. Instead, backup Nick Foles stepped in and had a historic playoff run with a career performance against the hated Patriots, earning the game's MVP award. Tom Brady can go around smirking all he wants now, I don't care...someone ELSE is the champion. And don't think I don't appreciate what the Eagles did...I became a strong New York Giants fan purely out of gratitude after they ruined the Cheatriots' "perfect" 2007 season when they beat them 17-14 in that year's Super Bowl...
It's too bad that the team I follow the most in the National Football League, the Miami Dolphins, have basically stagnated over the same years that the Patriots have prospered under Belichick, Brady, and company. It's also a shame that the Dolphins have been trapped in the same division as the league's most successful franchise of this century. But they could have been a lot more competitive had they managed their franchise better. With their mediocre head coach returning next year, I have little hope of success with them. But for now, GO EAGLES!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment