Monday, January 1, 2018

My December 2017 Running Report

My running improved over the month of December, although I did not extend the distance of my longer runs.  I covered a total of 94 miles for the month, running on all but one day with a meager 4.1 miles being my longest run.  I didn't run in any races and wonder whether I'll be in shape to run some of the longer events in January.  I think some of this has to do with motivation, which has been somewhat lacking in me lately.  Sure, I do my daily routines, but I don't seem to have a strong vision of regularly going out there on long runs like I used to.  And it seems like something is always interfering with my progress, be it foot pain, a bad cold, or going into bad coughing fits at times during my runs.  I'd like to stabilize my daily running distance at about five-to-seven miles per run...maybe if I can get back to that level I'll feel more confident entering half-marathon races like in years past.  But to do this I'll have to get past those interfering physical obstacles...

No comments:

Post a Comment