Monday, December 18, 2017

Dolphins Slim Playoff Hopes Gone With Loss to Bills

We've reached the point in the NFL football season when I can finally say that "my" Miami Dolphins will not advance to the playoffs.  I suppose that it's a feat in itself that they "lasted" into December when often they are out of the picture weeks earlier.  But I had higher expectations of them this season after they went 10-6 in 2016 and made the playoffs for the first time since 2008.  I was believing that their new coach Adam Gase had instilled a sense of professionalism among the players that was reflected in consistent efforts week after week.  However, this year the team went back to its old pattern of poor play, at one time losing five games in a row.  Yesterday they had still had a remote chance to sneak back into the playoffs if they won their remaining games, but that game against their divisional rival Buffalo turned into another loss and Miami is now 6-8.  I look at Coach Gase on the sidelines and he seems utterly expressionless and indifferent, just like his taciturn predecessor Joe Philbin.  I don't want any more "players' coaches" coaching my Dolphins.  Let's get somebody back in there with the coaching philosophy of Don Shula or Jimmie Johnson (or that traitor Nick Saban), someone who can mold a truly functioning team and keep it together throughout the season...

No comments:

Post a Comment