Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tueday's List: I Rank My Favorite Elvis Presley Songs

The great, late American rock and roll icon Elvis Presley began his explosive rise in fame two years before I was born, in 1954...it wouldn't be until 1963-64, when I began to earnestly listen to the radio, that I would begin to hear many of his biggest hits, played as "golden oldies" on Miami's WQAM/560 "Tiger Radio".  Since that time, Presley continued to come out with new material, usually without the resounding success of his earlier songs.  However, because I was there, living through these later releases, they carried greater personal meaning for me: hence songs like Kentucky Rain, In the Ghetto, and Viva Las Vegas having places at the top of my favorites list... 

And here's that list of my top thirty favorite Elvis Presley tunes.  As usual, I put the song titles in blue capitals followed by their year of release.  What are your favorites of the King?

1 KENTUCKY RAIN [70]
2 CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE [61]
3 IN THE GHETTO [69]
4 (MARIE'S THE NAME) HIS LATEST FLAME [61]
5 VIVA LAS VEGAS [64]
6 DON'T BE CRUEL [56]
7 JAILHOUSE ROCK [57]
8 HOUND DOG [56]
9 (LET ME BE YOUR) TEDDY BEAR [57]
10 RETURN TO SENDER [62]
11 THAT'S ALL RIGHT [54]
12 LITTLE SISTER [61]
13 MYSTERY TRAIN [55]
14 I'M LEAVING [71]
15 SUSPICIOUS MINDS [69]
16 BOSSA NOVA BABY [63]
17 HEARTBREAK HOTEL [55]
18 BLUE MOON [56]
19 ALL SHOOK UP [57]
20 GOOD LUCK CHARM [62]
21 BLUE SUEDE SHOES [56]
22 LOVE ME TENDER [56]
23 IT'S NOW OR NEVER [60]
24 BURNING LOVE [72]
25 CRYING IN THE CHAPEL [65]
26 ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT? [60]
27 KISSIN' COUSINS [64]
28 I WANT YOU, I NEED YOU, I LOVE YOU [56]
29 (YOU'RE) THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE [63]
30 HARD HEADED WOMAN [58]

No comments:

Post a Comment