Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday's List: Miami Dolphins and Florida Gators Football Win-Loss Records Since 1966

The first football game I ever watched on TV was early during the 1967 season, in other words 50 years ago...and it was between the San Francisco 49ers and the Los Angeles Rams, two teams that will face each other this Thursday night.  But although I successfully rooted for the Rams in that bygone game, I came to be an ardent fan of the Miami Dolphins, beginning with their third season in 1968.  That year I also started to follow college football and pulled equally for Florida, Florida State, and the University of Miami.  After moving to Gainesville in 1977, my allegiances focused on the Gators, but I still supported the Dolphins.  Over the years, Miami and UF have had their glory seasons and some not-so-good times.  Below I've listed each team's win-loss record, starting with 1966, the first year of the Miami Dolphins as well as the year that Gator quarterback Steve Spurrier won the Heisman Trophy.  I've marked with an asterisk (*) the years that the respective teams made the postseason.  Those times Miami made it to the Super Bowl and lost I highlighted with blue and their Super Bowl championship years I highlighted with red.  Similarly, the years Florida won the Southeastern Conference championship I highlighted with blue, their National Championship seasons with red (they naturally won the SEC those years as well).  So here's that list, which I admit to putting on this blog in order that I can easily refer to it:

       DOLPHINS      GATORS

1966      3-11            9-2*
1967      4-10            6-4
1968      5-8-1           6-3-1
1969      3-10-1         9-1-1*
1970     10-4*           7-4
1971     10-3-1*        4-7
1972     14-0*           5-5-1
1973     12-2*           7-5*
1974     11-3*           8-4*
1975     10-4             9-3*

1976     6-8               8-4*
1977     10-4             6-4-1
1978     11-5*           4-7
1979     10-6*           0-10-1
1980     8-8               8-4*
1981     11-4-1*        7-5*
1982    7-2*              8-4*
1983    12-4*            9-2*
1984    14-2*            9-1-1
1985    12-4*            9-1-1
1986    8-8                6-5
1987    8-7                6-6*
1988    6-10              7-5*
1989    8-8                7-5*
1990    12-4*            9-2
1991    8-8               10-2*
1992    11-5*            9-4*
1993    9-7               11-2*
1994    10-6*           10-2-1*
1995    9-7*             12-1*
1996    8-8               12-1*
1997    9-7*             10-2*
1998    10-6*           10-2*
1999     9-7*             9-4*
2000    11-5*           10-3*
2001    11-5*           10-2*
2002     9-7               8-5*
2003    10-6              8-5*
2004    4-12              7-5*
2005    9-7                9-3*
2006    6-10             13-1*
2007    1-15              9-4*
2008    11-5*           13-1*
2009    7-9               13-1*
2010    7-9               8-5*
2011    6-10             7-6*
2012    7-9               11-2*
2013    8-8               4-8
2014    8-8               7-5*
2015    6-10            10-4*
2016    10-6*           9-4*
2017    1-0               1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment