As my laptop computer is continuing to go through its lengthy updating process, I decided to go to my cell phone and write a blog article using it instead.
I have read that on August 21st there will be an eclipse of the sun. Gainesville will witness only a partial eclipse while the pathway for the total solar eclipse will pass through the middle of the United States, entering at South Carolina from the Atlantic, then through Nashville, Tennessee and going westward, hitting the Pacific in the state of Oregon just south of Portland. I don't feel like traveling just to see it in person, but if you live near the total eclipse's path you might want to consider going to see it. Solar eclipses, when the moon in its orbit around Earth covers the sun, are rare events and total eclipses of the sun happen in only a very restricted place. For me, I will see what that partial eclipse looks like here in town...
Now to see if I can put a link to this article on Facebook from my phone...
No comments:
Post a Comment