Saturday, April 29, 2017

Watching Hockey and Soccer While Resting Aching Body

Today has been one of those days when I've felt achy, happy to be off from work and at home.  In particular, my left arm has been hurting off and on the last few days...and especially today...as if someone had badly twisted it.  So here I am writing this, sitting in my recliner in front of the TV in my living room.  I just finished watching an exciting double-overtime National Hockey League playoff game between Ottawa and the New York Rangers...the Senators came from two goals down to win it 6-5.  Right now I'm channel surfing, waiting for 8:00 when Mexican soccer comes on two different channels: Univision and Galavision...the latter will feature "my" UANL Tigres as they try to sneak into the playoffs, with first-place Tijuana their opponent tonight.  In the meantime, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is on one channel, Matrix Revolutions is on another...and, depending on how much of a glutton for punishment you are, the "news" channels are showing either a Donald Trump rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania or the White House Correspondents' Dinner, which the president is boycotting this year because he thinks he's being treated unfairly...poor guy.  Like I said, I'm waiting for the Mexican soccer...

Also starting at 8 is another National Hockey League playoff match and this one may be between the league's top two teams: defending champion Pittsburgh and this year's league-leader in the regular season, Washington.  I think I'm gonna be doing a lot of toggling back in forth between hockey and soccer  tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment