Today marks the tenth anniversary of this blog of mine, with the number of articles contained within it now totaling 3,161...all of them still accessible. It's been a long-term exercise for me with this writing discipline...not only to attempt (sometimes unsuccessfully) to get something out there on a daily basis, but also to maintain a sense of decorum and reasonableness with my writing while showing a personal side to it without my personality being the main topic. Naturally, I've written about subjects I've been interested in (like running, star-gazing, music, soccer, books I've read, etc.) while consistently ignoring those areas that I like to ignore (like gardening, reality television, and most arts and crafts). Some days I get a little philosophical and others a little political...but I try to keep interpersonal relationships out of the picture when I'm writing. And if I'm sitting down to write and can only draw a blank, there's always the weather to discuss!
Blogger (run by Google) is the site I've used for this blog of mine, and I laud them for their consistency and simplicity of use over the years. When I am looking at my blog on my laptop computer, Blogger has an option at the top of the page called "Next Blog" that I can click on and view a random blog from someone else. Usually the blog is relatively current, but sometimes they show one in which the last entry was years ago. Which leads me to wonder at the myriad of abandoned blogs...many from well over a decade ago...that are "floating" around in cyberspace, forgotten but still accessible if you happen to know their titles or URLs. Some of this detached material...not just old blogs but deserted websites in general...contains information that might be useful to someone, but how do you get to it? Sounds like a job for a new field: cyberarchaelogy, a term which I just coined, although I have to acknowledge that someone else may have already, coincidentally, beaten me to it...
In any event, I'm happy with this blog and plan to keep it going as long as I have the ability and resources to do so. And, I suppose, as long as Google doesn't ever change their policies that allow me easy use of Blogger without cost. Hope you enjoy reading it...
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment