Sunday, April 9, 2017

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs to Begin on Wednesday

The 2016-17 National Hockey League regular season ends tonight, but the lineup of the sixteen Stanley Cup championship playoff series teams has already been set.  Once again, the Washington Capitals finished with the league's overall best record...will they once again choke in the playoffs?  The Pittsburgh Penguins, last year's Stanley Cup winner, are back in the playoffs again as are the San Jose Sharks, the team that lost to Pitt in the finals.  Sadly, neither the Tampa Bay Lightning nor the Miami-based Florida Panthers were good enough to make the playoffs this year...it's also unusual that the Detroit Red Wings and Los Angeles Kings missed them, too.  Instead, we have five Canadian teams in this year's playoffs...last year there were none.  But to be perfectly truthful about it all, I'm not all that interested in rooting for any particular team...other than perhaps the Chicago Blackhawks, that is...I just enjoy watching and trying to make sense out of this fast-paced, interesting, and often confusing sport...

Seeing how on weeknights I'm working during the time when the games are going on, I'm going to have to wait for the weekend to be able to see any...although I'm hoping that they'll be showing replays on one of the channels after midnight.   I should get to watch several of the games...after all, these playoffs will go on into June...

No comments:

Post a Comment