Monday, April 17, 2017

Reconsidering Twitter

The social media website known as Twitter has of late been closely identified with politics...particularly those of our current president as he has made much use of it during his campaign and even now.  But unlike Facebook, which people in general use to see what's going on with each other, Twitter seems to have been relegated to "following" celebrities, news, and politics.  I have my own Twitter account and never post on it...although a couple of years ago I tried linking my mostly daily blog articles on it.  But since nobody's going to reach my blog that way unless they already "follow" me, Twitter just didn't seem like a viable way to publicize my blog.  And I'm pretty dissatisfied with the "news feed" I'm getting on it right now.  So I'm reconsidering how to use this free Internet communications site to my best advantage...both in expressing myself and receiving information on it from others.  I may have to be a bit creative as I try to figure out ways to get around some of the obstacles I see from Twitter...

I heard a few weeks ago to my surprise that Twitter, unlike other social media companies, was losing money bigtime and faced bankruptcy.  I'd hate to see that happen, but then again Twitter needs to make itself somehow easier and more attractive for people in general to use and network with each other...not just as a publicity tool for the rich and powerful...

No comments:

Post a Comment