We've gone only a couple of months in 2017, and many of my favorite songs from last year remain my favorites...in particular P.J. Harvey's The Wheel and Regina Spektor's The Light. These are tracks from their respective albums The Hope Six Demolition Project and Remember Us to Life...I recommend both. Also, in 2016 I liked...from the radio...Take It All Back by Judah & the Lion and still think it's fantastic. Oh, I neglected to mention that when it comes to listening to current hits on the radio, there's only one station in the Gainesville area I follow: WHHZ/100.5, commonly known as "The Buzz" and which plays Alternative/Indie/Rock. Unfortunately, it transmits from a few miles out of town and its signal is relatively weak, so unless I want to drain my android phone's batteries by picking it up online, I have to wait until I'm at home or in the car to listen to it. Still, I've come to like a couple of already-established songs that are in its regular play rotation: Spirits by the Strumbellas and Ride by Twenty One Pilots. This latter act I was pleased to see win a Grammy a few weeks ago...they've amassed a nice string of hits...
I suppose if I were to name the "Song of 2017" so far, it would be Ride...although that tune has been out since 2015. As I've said before, it sometimes takes me a little while to catch on to a song...sometimes years, as a matter of fact. In any event, it's still early in the year and I'm confident I'll hear plenty of other good songs. I'm keeping a lookout for any new recordings from my favorite musical artists, Beck's much expected and long-delayed album release being at the head of the list. And, of course, I'll continue to listen to "The Buzz" whenever I have the chance...although I liked this station more from 2002 up to 2008 when its music selection was more in accordance with my tastes...