Monday, February 20, 2017

Decided to Stay an Extra Day at Daytona Beach


Well, Melissa and I were enjoying the beach and hotel so much here at Daytona Beach that we decided to extend the stay to a second night...we'll definitely be heading back to Gainesville tomorrow.  I enjoyed the pool and swam some laps...maybe it's time to resume that form of exercise regularly at my gym, which features a great indoor pool.  I also ran 4.5 miles on the beach, this time using a free GPS mileage-tracking android app I just installed last night.  This should make it a lot easier to be creative about my future running, walking, and biking...no need anymore to map out a course in advance and measure its length...

It's a good thing to have at least one full day to enjoy at the beach...checking in one afternoon and leaving the next morning seems a bit incomplete.  We spent a great deal of time outdoors, and it was refreshing and invigorating for both Melissa and me.  The two of us enjoyed a twilight/early evening walk down the beach after flying a little kite that she had recently purchased (that's what I'm doing in the above photo).  And tomorrow morning we'll still be here, although the emphasis will be more strongly task-oriented as we pack up to go back home.  Yes, we need to get away like this more often...