Monday, November 21, 2016

Plan to Run in Gainesville's 10K Turkey Trot Race on Thanksgiving

As of this writing, I have every intention of running the 10K (6.2 miles) Turkey Trot race here in Gainesville, held each Thanksgiving morning at the Tacachale center off Waldo Road.  I've run it a couple of times before and consider it to be a good warm-up race to longer events coming up in the next few months.  The last time I ran it, the ground was thoroughly soaked from extensive rain in the previous days, forcing the runners at times to hop around the course...composed mainly of pine trails...and try to avoid slipping or stepping into mud.  This time around, though, we've had very little rain, so the course should be easy to tread.  I'll be working the night before, getting off at midnight...I prefer participating in races when I've been off the previous day.  But still, I shouldn't have any problem: I can nap some later, after the race...