Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Running Starting to Pick Back Up Again

After a relentless upper respiratory illness forced me into a period of inactivity, I have recently begun to run again, picking up the distance from day to day.  My goal is to daily run a 3.3-mile loop through my neighborhood and the adjacent subdivision.  Also, should the opportunities arise over the next few months, I may participate in a local 5K race.  It just so happens that there is one coming up this Saturday, an evening race in back of the Tioga Town Center off Newberry Road, just a few miles west of Gainesville.  Whether or not I run it depends largely on the level of progress I feel I've attained by then.  Oh, and if the weather is bad Saturday, they can just forget about me being there...

Race or no race, I plan to focus on my daily running routine and maintain a good level of fitness.  Watching what I eat would also go a long way to that end...